- Work closely with engineers to provide feedback for machine learning.
- Deal with basic tasks like collecting news sources, extracting keywords, labelling samples.
- Track the latest news, curating and making sure the hottest news and topics are in the computer management system.
- Track, understand and categorise different news sources.
- Skill for rewriting headlines to make them more effective, relatable and relevant.
- Push breaking news and trending topics in all Opera's news products.
- Work across Opera teams and offices to support companywide projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, literature or related field.
- Passion and knowledge for news and mobile apps.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with CMS; advanced editing skills.
- Ability to adjust rapidly to shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Portuguese/Arabic/Swahili/French. English is also an advantage.
- Data analysis skills.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining detail-oriented under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, can accept to work on night shift or weekend.