Python Developer / Big Data team (Internship)
Department: Product Development
Want to work with really Big Data?
Opera’s petabyte-scale data is stored on hundreds of servers. This anonymized data helps us decide how to improve our products, for over 350 million users globally. Are you interested in joining the team that is responsible for developing, enhancing, maintaining and optimizing the platform used to make key strategic decisions about Opera products and marketing?
We are an open, collaborative, multicultural team and look forward to meeting candidates who can bring new ideas, skills and solutions to Opera.
- Help to operate platform for gathering and processing data from Opera’s applications
- Build automation tools
- Adapt to and learn new technologies
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Basic Knowledge of Python and SQL
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Experience with Big Data concepts and tools(Google Pub Sub / Apache Kafka / Apache Beam / Apache Spark / Map Reduce / Google Big Query)
- Knowledge of Java
Internships are paid, of course. We do not hesitate to employ our best interns. Applicants not already living in Wroclaw are welcome to apply, but be advised that you will be responsible for your own travel, accommodation expenses, as well as any relevant visa paperwork related to your relocation.