Ad Sales Marketing Intern
Department: Opera Mediaworks
Opera Mediaworks is the first mobile ad platform built for brands, delivering breakthrough marketing at scale. Our technology powers the biggest publishers in the world, enabling marketers to convey the highest quality ad experiences to more people in more places when it matters most. Our exclusive Instant-PlayTM HD video technology and award-winning rich media touches, engages and creates deep interaction with consumers in the most popular mobile apps and sites around the globe. We work with over 90% of the AdAge Top 100 advertisers and 18 of the top 25 global publishers. A fully-owned subsidiary of Opera Software, Opera Mediaworks is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices worldwide. To learn more, visit www.operamediaworks.com.
Opera Mediaworks is seeking a Marketing Intern for our Los Angeles-based Ad Sales Marketing team. You’ll interface with brand pre and post-sale teams on projects related to creating new advertising packages and features, educating the marketplace on our offerings, and identifying new opportunities for specific client/brand partnerships.
We’re looking for candidates who have excellent presentation preparation skills (Keynote, PowerPoint, some PhotoShop/Illustrator), can creatively position products for go-to-market plans, are expert visual storytellers and ideally, truly understands the role that mobile plays in brands’ marketing strategies today.
The ideal candidate for this role will also be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and adept at managing priorities/timelines.
Responsibilities will include:
Pre Sale functions
- Collect and manage industry-based research for use in proposals and proactive client communication
- Assist with key client and general sales presentations
Post Sale functions
- Liaise with the Product team to understand the marketing aspect of new campaign features, ad units and advertising opportunities
- When needed, complete video captures post-launch, acquire campaign screenshots and add new campaign videos to department files
- Current Junior or Senior undergraduate OR graduate student pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Communications or a related field
- A passion for mobile and mobile advertising
- Capacity to work well among a highly integrated team, in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask, and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the digital and mobile advertising landscape..
- A strong level of comfort with data as there will be a moderate level of data analysis required for this position
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Keynote, Microsoft Office (specifically Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Photoshop, Illustrator and other creative application skills a PLUS
- The ideal candidate will be a creative, proactive, highly motivated, strategic and analytical, results-oriented professional requiring minimal supervision