Data Analyst Intern
Department: Opera Mediaworks
Opera Mediaworks is in search of a Data Analyst Intern who can build and scale our audience segments and the processes and tools needed to support the presentation of data in a useful format for business needs. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of relational databases, be able to accomplish complex and sometimes lengthy data entry tasks, as well as being able to create and maintain databases with a particular focus on data integrity and security. You will often be called upon to conduct research to collect information for entry in business operations systems. You will rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
This position will be based in our San Mateo, CA office and will report to the Vice President of Product Management. This internship is paid hourly and will likely fall in the 20-40 hour per week range.
- Conduct a broad range of research to identify information requirements and enter the information in relevant databases
- Create and maintain a set of demographic, contextual and behavioral audience segments globally by region, from a disparate set of data sources
- Interact with members of various teams to understand requirements, create research plans and conduct required research to meet project requirements.
- Present data in charts, graphs, tables and written document format of project results
- Export data into various formats for end client use
- Import, clean, validate, and model data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes
- Manage routine ad hoc delivery schedule to ensure all reports are delivered on time.
- Perform basic statistical analysis for projects and reports
- Archive historical data
- Requirements, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field requiring a deep understanding and knowledge of research, and statistics. A degree in Math, Psychology, Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, statistics or related field is a plus
- Interest in the mobile application ecosystem and the products and trends that are important to various demographic segments (specially teens, youth and millennials)
- Strong analytical skills
- MySQL 4.1, MS Office
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills a must
- Proven experience working with relational databases. Experience using MySQL(4.x,5,x). Knowledge of and experience with data visualization software e.g, Tableau, Qlik, Oracle etc. “Big Data” experience a plus
- Current seniors and juniors are welcome to apply!